3 couple Reel in a 3-couple set
|1-4||First and second couples set and link.|
|5-8||1st couple dance down between 3rd couple and cast up to 2nd place while 3rd couple set and cross right hand. Finish 1st couple facing up, 2nd facing down and 3rd across. Positions 2, 1, (3)|
|9-16||Dance Grand Chain for six but dance four places - i.e. take exactly two bars per hand. 3rd couple cross to start. Finish in positions (3), (2), (1)|
17 - 18 2nd and 1st couples change places, 2nd couple dancing under arch made by 1st couple.
19 - 20 3rd and 1st couples change places, 1st couple dancing under arch made by 3rd couple.
21 - 22 3rd and 2nd couples change places, 3rd couple dancing under arch made by 2nd couple.
23 - 24 All 3 couples give right hands to change places and stay in the centre, both hands joined.
|25-32||1st, 2nd and 3rd couples dance poussette to finish in order 2, 3, 1.|
|Repeat from new places.|
Music: Reel de mon Voisin. Suitable track is Fire in the Rye by the Music Makars on the album Jig For Joy.
Devised by Alan & Elke Paterson (alan.paterson [at] paranor.ch) to mark the occasion of the marriage of Mirjam Zbinden and Basil Binkert on 28.10.2006.
* Bars 4-5 1st man should take care to complete the set-and-link before dancing in to meet his partner.
* Bars 8-9 3rd couple must be prepared to cross back again immediately after having crossed over.
* Bars 17-22 It is always the centre couple who goes under the arch.
* Bars 23-24 It may at first glance seem a bit of cafuffle to change from nearer hands to right hands to both hands in such a short time. But it works. Give it a go.
* Bars 25-32. Dancing Poussette with Mirjam is always a highlight, so this had to be the finish formation.
Comment from: [Member]
Arches are not my favourite figure unless with a very tall partner, but otherwise it reads well.
Now to taste the pudding!
Form is loading...